[Spridgets] Condensers

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Mon Dec 5 12:51:27 MST 2011

the function of the capacitor is to reduce the voltage spike caused the coils induced hysteresis reaction as the points open and close.
The spark burns (and sometimes welds) the points.
You will continue to run with an open circuit capacitor but not with a short circuited capacitor.
Moral? Carry a spare capacitor - it's cheap insurance <g>

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it :|
'65 Sprite - running :)
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid