[Spridgets] FYI, Brake Rotors

fastvee fastvee at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 08:54:16 MST 2011

There are new Chinese brake rotors on the market, and the link below has a good picture to show the difference in this casting. The machining is good, but someone decided that it wasn't worth the time to create a mold to produce a copy of the nicely sculptered British casting. The result is a much heavier rotor which I chose not to use on my car, and was surprised to read that they are being sold by some of the normal suppliers of LBC parts. YMMV, I'm sure they will work fine for some drivers and there is a big difference in price, but it is good to be aware of the difference.
http://tinyurl.com/4uos3ye

My photo comparison, http://www.flickr.com/photos/fastvee/5410148499/
John
Fogelsville, PA