[Spridgets] Hood release and wiper blades - '79 Midget

Don Herrick dbherrick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:26:41 MST 2011

My hood release T-handle (only on the '78 & '79) has weakened with age and
broken.  I see that Moss and VB have the part for less than $10 (Moss #
406-005).  I'm wondering about the quality.  Should I buy from Moss/VB or
would NOS be better quality?  Does anyone carry NOS or a good quality
replica for this part?

I replaced my worn out wiper blades with Moss #165-045 and I was very
disappointed.  While the original parts were cast metal, the Moss
replacements were formed sheet metal.  They do not hold the rubber blades
properly against the windshield (only about 1" of the rubber actually
touches the glass).  Does anyone carry the cast metal (original type)
blades?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Don