[Spridgets] Open Carry - Cat and the 9mm

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:27:17 MST 2011

Iowa now has open carry (theroetically) with permit required.  But
there have been several instances where people did this in a state
where no law existed, and they went to jail anyway.  The famous case
was in Washington state a number of years ago.  Guy was out walking
his dog with an AK-47 on his shoulder.  I think he was finally
convicted of disturbing the peace or something like that.  In my way
of thinking, I'd rather the bad guys not know if I am packing.  The
really bad ones might decide to take out the armed resistance first.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Kirk Hargreaves
<khargreaves2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well there you go, can't even take a cat down with a 9mm!  No wonder it is
> the NATO round!  (Replacing the 45 as I recall).   I would not want to be
on
> the wrong side of one though.  I remember being in the forest shooting with
> my sons when they were young and my 9mm Glock put a hole through a fallen
> tree branch which was fairly thick.  . somewhat bigger than my lower leg,
> calf area.  (Dead wood though at that).
>
> I wonder what the open carry laws are like around the rest of the country?
> It is legal to open carry in California as long as your gun is not loaded,
> and your loaded clip is on the other side of your belt.
>
> To tell the truth, I was not aware that this law was in effect in
California

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/jdinnis@gmail.com