[Spridgets] Off topic posts

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 22:45:26 MST 2011

I grew up shortly after the musclecar era, and I worked in my dad's shop
after school and in the summers.  One of our customers was a used car
lot and one day they sent us an El Camino to work on.  OK, at the height
of the musclecar era Chebbie came out with the 454 Chevelle!  I don't
have to say anything about how great the Chevelle was.  The 454 started
with the 396, evolved to the mighty 427 (which I was driving at the
time) and then on to the 454.  And they had the soft versions of the
engines with hydraulic lifters and so forth on to the high compression
versions with radical mechanical lifter cams and more performance
oriented heads.  Well this Camino had the LS6 454- mechanical lifters
and all.  I put a clutch in it and wanted to keep it but my dad couldn't
understand it.  Well in my eyes it wasn't equal to a 454 Chevelle but it
was still something special.  If someone had that vehicle today they
would really have something.  I don't kid myself that I could hold onto
a vehicle like that through all of the misfortunes of life over the past
35 years but it is still fun to dream about it.