[Spridgets] LA(J)C

J Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:27:28 MST 2011

>> Naw, great car. I bought one new for Lynette when we were engaged. 50 MPG,
>> and we moved all of our furniture in it when we bought our first house. I
>> loved that thing. Last new car that I know of that had a carburetor.
>
> What year was that? My 1987 Plymouth Duster had a Holley carb from the factory.

The Festiva wasn't available here in the US until 1988, and IIRC kept
it's carbureted 1.3L 4-cyl thru 1993.

I'm guessing Ron's car must have had the 4-spd; best I ever got from
my 5-spd '88 LX model was 42 MPG (all highway @ 75+ MPH).  The higher
you revved that little 4-banger the more efficient it seemed to run!

Loved mine and wish I still had it.