[Spridgets] Bike saddle advice please

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 20:55:37 MST 2011

The trick is to buy the "heavily used" Brooks saddle on Craigslist.
(which is what I did)

Sometimes they are less exspensive than the "lightly used" Brooks
saddles...sometime they are more.  Go figure.

In any case, I think the Brooks saddles are a little over-rated
(not to mention over priced).  I also do not buy into the myth that
they custom form to your touchi.  All that happens is the leather
softens with use.

I have Schwinn lycra/squishy saddle from K-mart on my good road bike and it
it is much more comfortable.  It's probably not as durable as the Brooks,
but definitely more comfortable.