[Spridgets] Ampco Top Cylinder Lubrication

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Fri Jan 28 15:19:28 MST 2011

Back in the '50's - '60's in the UK, back when the station attendant used to pump gas, he'd ask you "One shot or two?"
Which was to ask you if you wanted 1 oz or 2 oz of 'top cylinder lubricant' (read Marvek Mystery Oil) added to your fill-up. They had a special can that delivered 1oz of lubricant for each trigger pull.

Also, we used to add 1 oz per gallon of MMO to each gallon of AvGas for radial engines on aircraft.

I still add a small amount of MMO to each tankfull of gas. ymmv

Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig

'65 Sprite - in process
'76 Midget - driver