[Spridgets] Misfiring engine

Alan alan.east-jones at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 1 14:27:56 MDT 2011

Any thoughts on this ?  I have some ideas but will listen to others  !
Driving in torrential rain home  from Midget 50 ,  engine started
misfiring at around 3500 rpm.hot.
   I had fitted an RVC  neg earth rev counter prior to the event and
drove there on motorway at 60mph aprox  with two of us in the car and
soft top up. Snakeman Brad suggested removing last thing fitted prior
to the problem, the rev counter, so I did. With engine cold the misfire
is still there but at 4200 rpm with and without rev counter connected.
  Another suggestion is the condensor - I will replace that now -  but
my gut feeling is valve seat recession.
Any more ideas ?  TIA
Alan Warwick UK