[Spridgets] trailer tire pressures

Jim Seippel aseippel at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 15 10:45:06 MDT 2011

We will have to agree to disagree. I believe 50 psi is WAY too much. 50 psi
is the maximum rated pressure, not the recommended pressure. I suspect the
load rating on the tires is about 1500 lbs each. At light loads, 35-40 psi
should be optimal. That should be a good balance between tire heating,
handling, and wear. Try looking at these web sites.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=8
http://www.brighthub.com/diy/automotive/articles/74883.aspx
Jim