[Spridgets] OUCH!!! Car related, but no LBC

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Sat Jul 16 16:12:38 MDT 2011

Is not exactly what I said when I totaled my beloved Jeep Comanche this morning, but in the spirit of keeping this G rated, I'll leave my exact words to your imagination. I had a choice of hitting an elk that leaped out of a gulch and headed straight for me, or doing some offroading at 60 mph. I opted for the latter, so I am still here to talk about the experience.

The deputy and the EMTs were marvelous. They even checked out Bonnie! The deputy even gave me back my .380 - unloaded. The lead EMT insisted that I go to the hospital, which is probably a good thing, as I now have a new fracture to add to my collection - my neck. Fortunately, at least in my opinion, it's a minor fracture and should heal with tincture of time and a very uncomfortable brace. Unfortunately, I left the only pain medicine that I am able to take, and was pulled from the market last spring, at home.

The head nurse at the hospital was not at all happy about Bonnie being there with me, and wanted to call the deputy to take her to the pound. I wonder what part of the ADA she missed in nursing school? One of the EMTs took her home with him while I was being checked out, then drove us to the next town over to catch the bus to Lewiston. It seems that his wife has MS and discovered during their 4 hour visit just how much help a service dog can be. Bonnie had a ball! When she left she was shocky and still trembling something fierce, but she came back happy and ready to go to work.

Now my problem is finding a way to get my truck home from McCall, ID. My big truck is still being worked on by an engineer friend of mine who is doing it a little bit at a time when he gets to Elko. The car trailer that I can borrow is too heavy for my Cherokee to pull even without Deuce on board.

Kate