[Spridgets] Gas Tank?

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Tue Jul 26 19:47:38 MDT 2011

Hello Spridgets,

     To make a short story L O N G

     Ever since I came home from Seattle with the red thing i've been
     smelling gas in the garage. Today after coming home from the
     neurosurgeon, I layed down and looked at the gas tank. When I
     bought the car it had (has) a sheet metal screw with a rubber
     washer screwed into the tank on the right side rear bottom of the
     tank. Well, it finally started leaking there so I cut a new piece
     of rubber from a hose, coated the thing with TFE and put the
     screw back in. It slowed the leak but hasn't stopped it
     completely. I've called the local radiator shop and they say that
     they will seal "some" tanks, but only if they are worth saving,
     as they don't do things they can't guarantee. I have a full tank
     or rather had a full tank of gas when I put the car in the garage
     Sunday.

     So the question is..... are there parts I should have on hand
     before I pull the tank, or will all the old stuff work to put it
     back together, AND if I need parts whats the best source?

     I have to wait until i've driven the car some more because I
     onlyh have the capacity to store THREE gallons of siphoned
     gasoline, so I won't be undertaking this until AFTER my surgery,
     and perhaps not until after Labor Day, depending upon how well my
     cobbled seal works and if I can make it to the ABFM-PDX with fuel
     slow dripping out.

     Anything else I should know?

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

   "It's not fair!" said Tom darkly.