[Spridgets] Gas Tank?

Jim Seippel aseippel at austin.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 22:45:53 MDT 2011

Solder fuel tanks, don't weld them. Do not use an open flame. I put baking
soda and vinegar in a fuel tank after I  wash it out. It fills the tank with
CO2. That leaves the tank with no oxygen to support combustion.

When I was much younger, I brazed up a hole in a 2 month old XKE fuel tank.
I used the baking soda and vinegar trick. Sure did clear out the shop. :-)
Soldering is MUCH safer.
Jim