[Spridgets] Gas Tank?

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 10:53:51 MDT 2011

I am here to tell you that the correct combination CAN be found- just as I was
soldering a penny over a hole in a Jeep gas tank! Fortunately I had the tank
almost full of water and it just went "POOF" but did scare the heck out of
me!!
BillM

> Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:42:43 -0400
> From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
> To: spridgets at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Gas Tank?
>
> This falls under the category of YMMV, but if you know about engines you
know that gasoline vapors and oxygen will only combust when they are close the
the proper mixture of one to the other.  (Which of course is why carburetor
tuning is so critical to an engine's performance.)  So too much oxygen or not
enough oxygen, and no combustion.  That's not to say that you won't be the
lucky person whose tank hits the mixture just right.