[Spridgets] Megasquirted Sprite

Glen Byrns grbyrns at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 08:56:01 MDT 2011

It's been three years since I put the megasquirt computer in the turbo
bugeye. Good time to look back.
    Since I finished the tuning and drove it 4k to LOTO and back '08,
I've put on thousands of miles, surprised and embarrassed a few Miatas
and assorted ricers in the hills, and NOT blown out another set of
pistons!

The same plugs are still in and look perfect, zero re-tuning, still
cold starts perfectly and pulls away from the garage like a modern
engine.

Overall this has made all the difference. To operate a 1275 with a
turbo on pump gas and get both town and country performance with
dependability seemed too much to ask but this has worked perfectly!

Over 100hp, over 35mpg on a good day and down to 20mpg on a GREAT day.

Bugsy runs so well I'm forced to spend all my time building model
airplanes.

Best,
Glen

Sent from my iPhone