[Spridgets] Steering rack boots

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 14 14:52:48 MDT 2011

Has anyone had trouble with the Moss steering rack boots 680-058?

These suckers are way smaller than the rack they fit onto and the inner
clamps supplied are too small! I fought that thing for hours Saturday,
but finally got them on. Had to supply my own hose clamps.

Any other suppliers have better ones? I did notice that Moss uses the
same part number for Spridgets, Spits and TRs, while VB lists a
different number for Triumphs and uses zip ties instead of clamps.

Where's Frank when you need a good rant about poor Chinese crap?

Lee