[Spridgets] spider webs in evaporative canister (Mazda)

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 15:21:34 MST 2011

You would not believe the things I have cleaned out of cabin air ducting on
aircraft. The most remarkable were 20 or 30 frogs on a 707 USAF plane (JSTARS)
in Florida. It was quite a shock to see them on the borescope, and they were
all alive and hoped out one after the other for several minutes.

Ron
--- On

<bmwwxman at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] spider webs in evaporative
canister (Mazda)
> Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date:
Friday, March 4, 2011, 9:53 AM
> This is completely believable (at
> least to
me).  At airports there is a
> sensor
> mounted along runways which determines
horizontal
> visibility using an
> optical/laser system. Several times a year
the transmitter
> and the receiver
> have to be cleaned because extremely
tiny, airborne spiders
> roost in
> them and fill them with web. These little
guys put out a
> string of web
> which acts like a sale in the wind picking
them up and
> carrying them for
> many miles. Talk about saving gas!
> --

Cheers!!
> Jim
> Then there was the mind reader who moved to Washington,

D.C. and couldn't

Duquette <robertduquette at sympatico.ca
> > wrote:
>
> > I heard that on the
news this morning.  I'm not
> sure if it was a fact or
> > just
> > an
assumption by the news team but the announcer said
> something to the

effect
> > of "... they have no idea why spiders are attracted to
> this
particular
> > model."
> >
> > Robert Duquette