[Spridgets] No LBC but sure ticks me off.

an5.sprite at gmail.com an5.sprite at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:59:23 MST 2011

Jim,

Very well said.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com>
Sender: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:21:45
Cc: Spridget list<spridgets at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC but sure ticks me off.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 9:05 AM, Michael Rowe <mdrowe at optonline.net> wrote:

> So there are Christian terrorists, too.

I am a veteran and I find what Phelps' followers are doing, however
disgusting, an exercise of their freedom of speech.  The Supreme Court
apparently agrees. I am intimately familiar with the Patriot Guard and will
say that for the most part, they are respectful of the rights of Phelps and
his cult members to speak their peace. They just see to it that their spoken
words are VERY hard to hear and their signs VERY hard to see during the
funerals of our fallen comrades.

Let us remember that the Westborough baptist church "cult" is just that, a
"cult". It's comparison to Christianity is not different than Wahhabism is
to Islam. Both are perversions of major religions. Wahhabism, however enjoys
a MUCH larger following of people deluded by the extremist dogma of murder.

Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them.  ~Mark Twain

The test of democracy is freedom of criticism.  ~David Ben-Gurion

--
Cheers!!
Jim