[Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 11:54:56 MST 2011

I think it's pretty silly too, but the situation he described is probably worst case-
new cars typically don't come with very much fuel in them, and at idle they aren't going to use much fuel, but the fuel pump has to run the whole time that the car is idling because it not only is moving fuel from the tank to the engine, the fuel pump is the component that maintains high pressure for the injectors to work.  So it is sitting there having to maintain pressure for a long period of time, with no fuel around it, and it isn't actually pumping much fuel either.  That's not justification for it to fail though, since idling while almost empty is certainly a legitimate use of the vehicle.