[Spridgets] RIP David E. Davis, Jr.

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Mon Mar 28 15:31:37 MST 2011

I loved reading him from his earliest days at C&D.  His article on the
then-new BMW 2002 ("Let Us Now Turn to Hymn 2002") has to be one of best
reviews I have ever seen. A real journalist willing to put himself on
the line. I was fortunate to make his acquaintance when I moved to
Michigan in '91 and was one of the crew that put on the Perfect Ten
Rally around Lake Michigan to celebrate the 10th anniversary of
Automobile Magazine.  Got to drink whiskey and smoke cigars while
listening to a master storyteller tell the truth and make it sound like
a yarn.

JohnD

Message: 11