[Spridgets] Another Discussion Group

Lee Fox lee.fox at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 2 14:40:26 MDT 2011

Jim,

No legal beagle here, but I would not recommend it. For example, in
Missouri state law allows "open carry," but most cities and counties
have ordinances against it. As a Kansan, or even a local, you would be
hard pressed to know what is allowed.

There is a fine line between open carry and brandishing. I have a CCW
and if I'm carrying and the gun should peek out from under my shirt, I
can be charged with brandishing. A good source of what is and is not
permitted can be found at http://handgunlaw.us.

A more important question would be why in the world would you want to
carry a .45 on your hip while riding a bike? Are you trying to make a
statement? If so, I guarantee it will be interpreted the opposite of
your intent. You would look like a dick and appear to be compensating
for lack of one of normal size.

Lee