[Spridgets] OT waaaay OT Electric Vehicles.

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 07:58:01 MDT 2011

I would buy a simpler, basic transportation vehicle.
IMO, it may not be a conspiracy but the government does a lot to
sabotage the free market system.
I think Smart Cars are stupid.  I read somewhere that the guys putting
the Hyabusa motors in smart cars for performance are realizing better
fuel economy if they drive them appropriately.  That, if true, is
upsetting.

As far as having "different Diesel" I think it would probably just be
a matter of refinement.  If Euro Diesel is more advanced and better,
then we should migrate toward it.  If not, we should keep going and
save our migrations for something more advanced and better.

They have Diesel race cars that are competitive.  My buddy had an E350
Diesel van that got 20MPG.  There is no good reason we don't have many
Diesel cars to choose from that would get around 40MPG.
OTOH, many farmers and users of heavy duty Diesel pickups are getting
furious when they get a new truck that gets 12-15MPG when their 5- and
10-year old trucks got 18-22MPG.  That, IMHO, is due to government
meddling and is a crime against the free market system, capitalism,
and humanity.  I'm for cleaner air and protecting the environment but
the government it taking it too far and not being practical.  They
should be very careful what limits and mandates they put on the market
system.  Instead they seem to implement whatever suits their agenda
which is sometimes based on junk science or just single-minded
opinions instead of facts.