[Spridgets] Re Renewable energy (off topic)

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Mon May 9 15:54:22 MDT 2011

Failures are frequently the combination of several factors.  One thing usually isn't enough to make something fail.  So running an improper test AND having someone read a gauge wrong AND having a relay fail, now that is when you powerplant blows up.

I ranted before about the complexity of the modern powerplants- the more complex, the more chance of an unforseen sequence of events.  Battery-switch-lightbulb, now that is a simple system.  Walls full of relays, walls full of gauges, those are a little more complex.