[Spridgets] Re Re ect Renewable energy(way off topic)

Kurt Appley kmappley at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:56:52 MDT 2011

Point well taken, Jim, concerning Germanys power usage. I should have done
some home work before my rant. I was going on info from a glowing TV report
during japan's accident.
Could'nt help but notice that Germanys use of alternative energy appears to
be a lot higher than ours.

 As mentioned my interest was mainly in small hydro. Within a 200 mile
radius of me I'll bet there is 20 megawatt's of potential hydro power going
to waste. This is at flood control dams and old municipal hydro dams. Dams
that had all there machinery intact till it looked as if small producers
could take them over and put them back in operation. In the 70's of course.
When this threat came along the power monopoly scrapped them. I have no love
for big power or big business. They are ruthlessly efficient at one thing.
Lining there pockets.

I agree that one has to go slowly for consideration of the economy so lets
start by ceasing the payment of power companys for there nuclear waste. My
power comes from a monopoly that gets to buy a share of its power from the
WAPA dams on the Missouri river. This power has been priced so low that the
US goverment (us) will never be payed for the dams or the upkeep. Lets raise
the price. I'm sure there are many other deals that smell as sweet.

As to us getting nuclear, it appears that Newt Gingrich will be a serious
competitor for the White House next year and I know that he is for nuclear
100%. Obama has, as mentioned, OKed one and there are 20 more waiting for
approval.

Time to get back on topic !?

Kurt.