[Spridgets] Re RE renewable energy (off topic)

Kurt Appley kmappley at gmail.com
Sat May 14 20:32:57 MDT 2011

Sorry to keep tis topic going but I find it hard to believe Bob Kerry or
anyone else would pass on a way to handle nuclear waste. Id like to see the
rest of the story. The only plan that I'm familiar with is the plan to bury
it under Yucca moutain. That was stopped by an earth quake that did a great
dealof damage to the facilitys. Mainly it made people think about whether
putting this stuff in glass jars wrapped in lead was such a great idea if an
earth quake happens to come along in the next several hundred thousand
years! Glass is the only container that we believe will last and we are
determining that from analizing volcanic glass since, as Steve mentioned,
this stuff will be deadly for more than human history!
I ahve no doubt goverment inefficency plays a part as well.  South Dakota
put the question of storing low level waste to a referendum and the people
voted it down so the state in the pact that agreed to takeitwas Nebraska and
where werethey going to put it but in a wetland next to the missouri river.
Folks in Western So Dak had a much better site where Uranium was mined in
the 50's and they wanted it!

Kurt.