[Spridgets] Lin's Facet Fuel Pump Questions

chris_west at juno.com chris_west at juno.com
Mon May 16 16:24:30 MDT 2011

Lin wrote:  when I place the pump in
position it is very cramped and I don't see how to get rubber line in
correctly without kinking the line for that 90 degree turn. I couldn't
get
to the store in time but I'll try and get a fitting with a 90 degree
which
I'm sure they won't have the correct thread size or the end will be huge.
also checked my rubber line and it is 1/4" as I recall our lines are
smaller

Lin, the threads on the inlet and outlets should be 1/8" NPT (pipe
thread).  Brass hose fittings (listed as "male hose barbs - hey, no
snickering!!!) are available at any good auto parts store.  Edelmann and
Weatherhead are 2 brands that I know list them.  The  90 degree
configuration "street tee" (male threads on one side and female on the
other) is a Weatherhead # 3400x2 and a 45 degree is 3350x2, both 1/8 NPT.
 I don't have the Edelmann #s but I know their catalog cross references
to the Weatherhead. I had a Facet pump on an old Volvo and just ran plain
fittings in and out with an in line filter on the inlet hose and a
secondary in line filter right before the carb.  As far as the hose size,
I recall that 1/4" is a loose fit in some cases but will clamp tight.
Others use VW 6mm hose (1/4" is 6.3mm) which is a little snug.  Seeing as
though we are talking about gasoline, I would be sure to clamp either one
for safety's sake.  hope this helps,

Chris - AN5L35xxx