[Spridgets] Engine de-greasing..

Allen Hefner lbc77mg at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:22:00 MDT 2011

If the engine runs, heat it up before spraying on the Simple Green.  That
should soften any caked on crud.  Let the SG do it's stuff for a few minutes
(a good time for a beer), then go over what you can reach with a small scrub
brush.  Use a screwdriver to get into all the nooks and crannies.  Then hose
away.  Repeat if necessary in spots.

I use an air compressor to get the standing water off the engine, and if it
is still a bit warm, the rest will dry quickly.  It's important to dry out
any water that might get into the dizzy, simply by running the engine.  You
may want to spray under the cap with some WD40.  That's about all it's good
for.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA