[Spridgets] Racing cars displaying numbers on the public highway

b-evans at earthlink.net b-evans at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 20:57:53 MDT 2011

Mike wrote:  "It does not matter what you think or your silly race group for that matter ;^).  I am betting that the racing group is too snooty to hang around anyway."

Calm down, folks, there is no need for insulting each other.  What must be remembered is that the laws, rules and regulations in England are quite different from those in America.  When it comes to those in Blighty, I think we have to yield to David's expertise.  He is, after all, an authorized racing scrutineer for the Motor Sports Association (http://tinyurl.com/3td4nuw), and must know the rulebook backwards and forwards.  (His group is a government backed initiative to encourage more people to become involved with the sport.)

In America, things can and usually are, different.  All we have to do is accept that.  However, speaking from one of my chequered careers (cop), I would have to say that anyone driving around with a racing screen would invite those blinking lights in the rear view mirror, if for no other reason that most do not meet State standards, and don't have windshield wipers.

Having said that, I do remember back in the "Gold Age" (1960-1969), we all did our racing prep at home, then drove to the track over the highways and byways.

Buster