[Spridgets] Radiator Caps

Jeff Kelly homehandy at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 20 07:09:37 MDT 2011

A question for anyone that might have an idea. Is or was there ever more than one downflow radiator installed in Sprites or Midgets.

My sons race car radiator is different from all other Bugeye radiators that I currently have access to. The difference: On all Bugeye radiators I am familiar with -- the distance from the top rim of the fill opening to the seal surface where the cap makes its seal, is approx. 1". That same distance on the race car radiator is only approx. 3/4". A standard cap from Moss or VB (7 lb.)will not work on this radiator and we have not been able to find a cap that will work.

Anyone have any ideas???

Jeff Kelly