[Spridgets] Fuel Delivery Issue Resolved. . I Hope

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon May 30 17:06:44 MDT 2011

My knowledge of electronics is from the pretty dusty past, but my guess is
that by patching the fuel pump wire that way you have increased the
resistance in the wire and that MIGHT have caused the fuse to blow. IF the
resistance has been increased, the patch you made could be heating up...  I
wouldn't trust it.  Splice in an identical gauge of wire as a repair. That
way the resistance will be the same as the circuit was designed for.  Hope
your car doesn't catch fire before this reaches you....

Cheers!!
Jim