[Spridgets] really dumb question, dont laugh

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:44:01 MDT 2011

Age and mobility plays a very large part in this.  I will be 67 in a few
months and have spinal stenosis.  Pulling the entire lump is FAR easier for
me than trying to contort my very stiff and painful back to undue the bell
housing bolts. Even at that, I have problems getting the tranny to frame
bolts undone, the speedo cable out, and the clutch slave bolts out. The last
time I pulled mine (March) I got it out in about 45 minutes. It's up to each
of us to find our own *easy* way to do this job - each according to their
ability.

The easiest I've ever seen this done was to sit in a lawn chair with a cold
one whilst directing several others who are doing the actual work.

Cheers!!
Jim