[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at me.com
Tue Nov 1 09:56:39 MST 2011

In 1956 my uncle purchased a beautiful black 1954 Austin-Healey 100 with a hard top.  When he would come down from LA to visit (about twice a month) he would toss me the keys and say go enjoy yourself.  So my first LBC love is the 1954 Austin-Healey.  In 1958 I purchased my own 1954 Austin-Healey.  It had been badly abused by the original owner and as a result it frequently had problems making me late for work.  In Feb 1960 my girl friend (later wife and now deceased) ask me to look at the Sprite for her.  It was such a kick to drive that I traded my big Healey in on the spot and she got hers three days later.  This is the car that I am still driving - that is when I get it back on the road.

Bob Kitterer and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage