[Spridgets] Baby Sprite puking cloth ribbon this morning : (

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 05:52:46 MST 2011

List,
So I guess this is LAC Little American Cat not LBC hahaha. Yesterday I saw
an 18" blue cloth ribbon I use for my hair on the carpet and placed it on
the chair. I got home after work and found small pieces of cat food puke in
the kitchen. At 8AM I heard baby Sprite puke and knew she was the cat who
puked in the afternoon. I saw ribbon dangling from her mouth and pulled it
out. It was that blue cloth ribbon. It was 5" long, and she puked again and
that piece was 3" long and another time 1" long. She tried to puke again
and nothing came out therefore I suspect there is more in her belly. I have
saved all pieces for the vet when they open.

The uneaten piece was not touched during the day as it was hidden under a
chair so she must have eaten it the previous night maybe the stomach acid
broke it down or her teeth made it smaller before swallowing. She is
napping right now which is very unusual for this active and sometime
annoying (said in a loving way) little Sprite kitty. I will wait till 9am
for my vet to open and have they administer puke solution and get her an
Xray hoping all the ribbon gets out before getting to her intestines.

My parents had a cat Cuddles that ate a ribbon and it got to her intestines
we found her under a chair somewhat lethargic and a high fever. I don't
recall how they got the ribbon out perhaps passed in her poo. But she
needed antibiotics to survive. Cud made it so I hope Sprite will. Poor
little kitty. I'll get some new photos on SpriteSpot soon.

Kitten proofing the house today instead of changing the oil in Pinky : )
Lin