[Spridgets] Not LBC......... Nova link to awesome Quantum Mechanics

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Mon Nov 21 11:26:21 MST 2011

My very limited understanding of string theory is that it has so many degrees of freedom that it can fit pretty much anything.  It also  means that there is no way to test anything, since it can produce any desired result more or less arbitrarily.

I used to work near (not with) these guys.  I had dinner with one on Saturday.  Next time I will ask him.  I am much intrigued by the recent results on faster-than-light travel, the missing Higgs boson, and the implications for the Standard Model.  These two results could have a profound impact on our ideas about reality.

Michael Rowe