[Spridgets] Datsun 210 5-speed

Dave Yealy lbc at littlebitcountry.com
Fri Oct 7 16:01:51 MDT 2011

Peter, could you send me a copy. I just installed a 5 speed in a
customers car the past two days. He had no idea of the condition of
the trans. Seems the syncros are bad in 1,2,3,and 4 and are going to
need replaced and I'll probably wind up with the job.
I've thought about installing one of these in my Morris van but after
this job I've come to the conclusion that I don't want the
headaches.  This was a Rivergate kit the customer had and an unknown
(condition) trans. $1600 + labor just doesn't float my boat, when a
3.7 diff would do about the same thing, so I can't shift into first
while I'm moving, no big deal.
If you would like I could post it on our clubs site since I'm the
webmaster. http://www.brrta.org

Dave