[Spridgets] Wiring to coil & distributor

Jim Seippel aseippel at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 12:27:33 MDT 2011

With a positive ground car: You have - coming from the ignition switch to
the switched side of the fusebox. You will have a white  wire from the other
side of that fuse to the - terminal of the coil.  From the + terminal of the
coil, you have a white wire with a black tracer that connects to the low
voltage terminal on the distributor.

If your car has been converted to negative ground. The wiring is the same.
You have to reverse the positive and negative sides of the coil.

If you are purchasing a new coil, be sure to buy one that  does not need an
external ballast resistor.
Jim