[Spridgets] Woo Hooo

Macy Larry lmacy at mac.com
Sat Oct 8 19:07:33 MDT 2011

I got to deive the Blue Phoenix to the Philly MG Club show at Lahaska PA today. What a showing, 185 cars. We had 80 pre-registered. See what happens when the weather is great in Oct??

Anyway, I was first on the field, we had decided to honor the Midget for the 50th. By the time the voting was donbe I got second. Well, second to a really nice car. Part of that is the Blue Phoenix is not quite finished. I need to wet sand and buff the paint, then add all the badges and paraphrenalia to the body, and the steering wheel needs a refinish. But it sure felt good to get my car to the show and pull out a second only a week after getting legal!!

Oh Kristi won something (2nd or 3rd) and Lambert got Diamond in the Rough ;-) The whole family went home with something. Except me, I left my plaque at the show. (Actually I was handing them out, I suspect I handed it to the next 2nd place car).

Nice cruise home down River Road and the first "official" outing of the Blue Phoenix is done.

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes; do not ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life.