[Spridgets] No LBC - Premium fuel

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 21:47:30 MDT 2011

Had a hotrod VW Corrado a few years back that my wife once put regular in
(thinking that I had been wasting money by putting premium in). I was afraid I
would hole a piston the way the thing pinged. Went straight to buy some octane
boost and took it very easy till I could burn enough up to add premium
again. The fact that this was a supercharged car probably exaggerated the need
for higher octane, but I'd recommend putting in the right stuff. You can
say she'll drive it easy, but there will eventually come a time when she pulls
out and sees that traffic is actually coming faster than she thought and
she'll nail it. Bet she'll want the good stuff then.

 - David