[Spridgets] FYI--Fire safety

Robert Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 11 17:19:56 MDT 2011

>From an old Navy (1960) sports car buddy on the TR list.

Buster

From: Jim Bauder [mailto:jimbpps at cox.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:56 PM
To: 'Jim Bauder'
Subject: FW: [DCTRA] fuel line

FYI! One of our members with a cautionary tale of fuel line failure!

Jim

  _____

I was recently in Ohio when my wife called to say she smelled gas in the
garage.  My neighbors found that my TR6A was leaking gas. My wife called the
fire department and they told her to evacuate until they arrived. The
firemen pushed my car outside and hosed down the garage drip carpet I had
under the car. They said it was a very dangerous situation.  My neighbors
drained the rest of the gas from the car.  Upon my return I found that the
fuel line hose that connects the gas tank downspout to the fuel line had
cracked. This hose was 6 years old. I have never had this problem in over 40
years with Triumphs in Ohio. I replaced this hose and all fuel line hoses
with fuel injection line hose and plan to do this every 5 years. You might
want to check yours. Mike