[Spridgets] Adjustable shocks

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 10:38:23 MDT 2011

I'll bet that was 1990 or thereabouts.  Did your wife tell you that a
small boy answered the phone before she picked up the phone?  'You guys are
nuts!'

Weslake Monza 1330

healeyrick at yahoo.com writes:

Peter  the Parts Pimp has done a great job coming up with an alternative to
 the
original adjustable shockers.  OTOH, they're nowhere near as  pretty as my
original Armstrong adjustables.  I bought what was  probably the last NOS
adjustable rear shock in the late '70s when BL was  selling off the last of
the
Special Tuning parts.   I ended up  with one shock and sourced the opposite
side from AH Spares, that sold me a  rebuilt one.  They were for the MKII
forward cars, but I was able to  adapt them to my bugeye with a modified
mounting plate.

So they're  very special to me.  Not for any increase in performance to  the
Bugeye, but for the telephone call I received one evening.  My  wife told
me I
got a call from some guy named Dan Stapleton from the UK  that wanted some
info
on my shocks.  Probably shows how old I am, but  at that time, an overseas
call
was a big deal.  I called Dan back and  ended up shooting some pics of the
shocks that ended up in his first  Spridget tuning book.

So when I look under my Bugeye rear end and see  the adjustable shocks,  I
get
reminded of a long friendship with  Daniel instead of an increase of rear
grip
on the Bugeye.

Cheers,  Daniel.

Rick