[Spridgets] Re What fluid for clutch Master cylinder

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 15 06:48:11 MDT 2011

Kurt,
Your comments fall in line with most of those others who have used DOT 5 to
replace DOT 3 or 4.

BUT if you think that it is a safe or OK way of treating a weeping master
cylinder by wadding paper towels beneath it I am gobsmacked!!  If you know
the system has failed - and weeping means it HAS FAILED - and you carry on
driving it; then I for one would ask that you be treated as a murderer when
the accident happens and the child dies.  You KNOW they are faulty, please
get them fixed.
I know I have been emotive in the paragraph above but offer no apology and
neither will I.  For the past 30 odd years of my life I have had to deal
with death caused by vehicles.  You will find it hard to extract any
sympathy from me.  To know of a serious defect beforehand and then to carry
on driving it is similar to pointing the cocked gun with a faulty trigger.

Apologies for the rant but not for the content.

Guy R Day

ps.  What seals do you need?