[Spridgets] Adjustable shocks

Peter Caldwell peter at nosimport.com
Mon Oct 17 07:58:51 MDT 2011

Rick,  In the Armstrong universe, after say 1955, there are only 2
rear shock bodies... the DAS9 as on Spridget rears and early Big
Healeys (among many other cars) having a 3-5/8 on center mounting,
and the DAS10 as on MGBs, TR6, and later Big Healeys with 4" on
center mountings. So, Armstrong made the 2 different castings for the
adjustable rears for any application that wanted them.  What makes
the different part numbers of rear shocks among the 2 groups is arm
swing, shape, and valving.
     Yes, we have seen many Big Healey adjustables.... might even
have a few NOS ones around....

         Peter
====