[Spridgets] Nasty Boy First Drive - I Got a Sticker!

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 25 02:56:41 MDT 2011

Funny, I had that same internal discussion before undertaking the project.  I
thought about building a Daytona coupe and probably could have covered the
cost of the kit by selling the Healey.  I'd then have to do all the fiberglass
work and paint prep, priming and tons of sanding before sending it out for
paint.  And there's still plenty of fabrication to do on a FF.  When all is
said and done, it's pretty easy to get $45-65k into a coupe before it's
finished.  Balanced against this, I had already done all the bodywork and
paint on the Healey, the swap had been done plenty of times before and I had
lots of help from some guys that had done it and could give me advice on the
fabrication process.. The registration and titling laws in Massachusetts were
in a state of flux in Mass, at the time and some owners were having difficulty
getting their cars road legal, which is ironic and stupid considering Factory
Five is located here.  And I've been a
 Healey guy for almost 45 yrs, so the decision came down for the Healey.  If I
was in the market for a Factory Five now, I'd probably look at a completed
one.  There's some great deals out there.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo