[Spridgets] No LBC.........Cable TV Corporate Greed

Mark Endicott mark at nashvilletn.org
Tue Oct 25 08:42:53 MDT 2011

Comcast/Xfinity in Nashville has changed to ALL Digital and it requires a
converter box to receive anything.  You can thank the FCC!  After the
digital transition, and being promised that you can still get analog
channels if you keep cable, Comcast went back to the FCC to get permission
to make all of their channels here digital.  The catch is that their digital
format is NOT configured to work on a normal digital TV, so it requires a
small box that outputs only analog, NO HD.  Here you don't need a TV just a
monitor and a cable box.  We now pay over $160.00 a month just to get cable
and internet.  Also closed caption was an afterthought and requires you to
set up your cable box as a global setting which means you have to get the
manual out to turn it on and off.  A real PIA for my mother-in-law at 91!!!

Yes Corporate GREED with the help of the Government, what's new?

Mark
Nashville

Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC.........Cable TV Corporate Greed