[Spridgets] No LBC.........Cable TV Corporate Greed

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Oct 25 20:38:40 MDT 2011

>  Our local cable company and telephone company
>  sure charge us an awful lot of money, for very little service.  Near the first
>  of the summer I was getting tired of the cable outages and having to call the
>  cable company frequently to complain, so I kept a log.  In about 42 days I had
>  18 days with outages, but they still charged me for those days

That's one nice thing about Team.Net - you get lousy customer
service but you don't have to pay for it!  Well, some folks do contribute
and in the spring raised enough money to buy a nice, fast, slightly used
server.

I'll be concentrating on getting these email lists moved to the new server
ASAP.  Currently the old server is taking an hour or two to get list
messages
sent out to everyone - lot of timeouts waiting for small hard drive writes
and such.  And the mailman interface is behaving badly - some things may
work, some may not.  All the software needs updating - RealSoonNow.

Before there is any scheduled downtime for the transition I'll let
folks know what to expect.

mjb.