[Spridgets] solar battery charger

Jeff Foster tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 09:10:15 MDT 2011

Seeking the wisdom - or at least experience - of the list.  ;-)

Have any of you tried using a solar battery charger just to maintain
the battery on rarely driven cars or through the winter hibernation?
I'm thinking this might be a better option than having a wall wart
transformer plugged in constantly and the required extension cable
always under foot.

There's not a lot of sunlight in my garage but certainly enough for my
solar calculator so I'm guessing it'd be sufficient to trickle charge
a battery.

Any opinions/advice on this subject?