[Spridgets] Bugeye test drive

Heard Saxon heard at datatrontech.net
Mon Sep 12 08:46:19 MDT 2011

Went for a test drive or two yesterday while I'm waiting on insurance.  Most
of the fluids stayed where they were supposed to.  You can see a video here:

http://24.73.224.142/bugeye/mvi_1473.mov

Not terribly exciting for most of you I'm sure, but pretty cool for me.
 I've had this car now for 4 or 5 years and am just now getting it
roadworthy.  The PO did all the body work and had it painted a crappy color
of red.  It looks better in the video than in person.  As you can see, they
painted everything in the engine bay they didn't feel like removing or
taping up.  I refurbed the interior, steering wheel, dash, gas tank, and
radiator. Installed new wiring, all new hydraulics and wheel cylinders.
You might also notice the seats don't look so great with the red exterior.
 My plan is to drive it for bit, then I'm going to strip it down, fix some
of the PO's body work and paint it black.  Then the seat color will look as
I intended.

Looks like everything is working in the dash now except the odometer.  I
think it is running rich but I still need to go over the timing, carbs,
adjust valves, etc. and give it a good lube job, but it runs quite well.
 And I'm going to have to dig back into the clutch.  It seems to shift OK,
but the pedal is not right with about 3 inches of play at the top.  It also
feels really stiff.  First I'll have to fix that Chinese floor jack so I can
get under it again.

Cheers,
Heard