[Spridgets] Power to fuel pump

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Fri Aug 17 12:37:57 MDT 2012

I've been mulling this question over in my mind, and thought I'd try to get
some different views on it.
I have the power for my facet fuel pumps (both MKI and MKII) run through the
ignition switch (the MKII has a separate dash switch as well), and both cars
are running the original genny.
IF I were to rewire the fuel pump through a relay so that the pump gets
straight voltage form the battery, would this make a difference in how the
pump performs when the cars are at low RPMs.
They both seem to have a propensity to want to stall after a while at low R's,
and the discussion about alternators and the lack of genny output at low R's
got me thinking about this.
It might be the cause of some of my 'running out of gas' with 3 gals left in
the tank.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977