[Spridgets] Engine Stand

Heard Saxon heard at datatrontech.net
Mon Aug 27 08:39:33 MDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM, <60bugeye at cebridge.net> wrote:

> the upright neck will not be tall enough to let it roll all the way
> around. It is shy by about three inches.  I would also add some side
> bracing to the uprite leg.  Be careful and make sure you tie the bottoms
> together with a long piece of square tubing.  Been there done that and
> finally I just decided to build my own rotisserie from scratch as I wanted
> a much more robust one.  Last thing I wanted to happen was it to fail after
> doing hours of prep and blocksanding before paint.
>
> Leo
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Michael Rowe
> Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2012 12:14 PM
> To: Spridget Chat Group
> Subject: [Spridgets] Engine Stand
>

> Anyone who has the kind of engine stand with two parallel legs in front,
> please contact me off-list.
>

> http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100595181/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=engine+stand&storeId=10051#.UDpZHKB2OSo
>
> It looks like the free radius of this kind of stand will accommodate a 54"
> Spridget tub on a rotisserie.  The single-leg style will not.
>
> Michael Rowe
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/60bugeye@cebridge.net------------------------
>

> spridgets at autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/heard@datatrontech.net

Another thing to consider.  The vertical part of this stand is not
vertical.  If this is like the ones I bought, when you rotate it, the
rotating shaft is not horizontal, so it ain't going to work so well.  I
took two of these and made a rotisserie for my big Healey.  I didn't have
enough clearance either as described above.  As I recall, I mounted a
couple of 2x4s under the rear.  Then mounted the rear wheels on that.  This
gave me enough clearance and also solved the non-vertical issue.

Heard