[Spridgets] O.F. memory

Larry Macy lmacy at mac.com
Fri Dec 14 10:12:38 MST 2012

My first car was actually 2. I found a pair of MGA's sitting along side a house. One was a 59 and the other a 61. There was one MGB engine in a box and several boxes of parts. I got the whole thing for $300. I do not remember the dude's name, but I do remember the expression on Dad's face. We draggeds them home with a rope and one of them basically had no brakes. Boy was that fun!!

I was not yet 16 and had no license or permit. I cleaned out one side of the garage and began the long clean up. It was taking a while and soon I found girls and somehow the A's never got finished. I sold them about 3 years later for the same $300 I paid for them. In somewhat the same condition. The engine was built and some of the body work done. But still no where near being finished.

Next up was a 73 Vega Kammback. Loved that car. Later on we got our First Midget. a 76 in 1978, used from a MG Dealer lot in Denver.

Larry